GEORGIAN TELERADIOCENTER Ltd.
Georgian Teleradiocenter Ltd. was founded in 2000 after merging Georgian Television Center with Radio Center.
The company's founder and 100% shareholder is the state.
The company owns more than 150 towers, buildings and other infrastructure components on the country's entire territory. Some towers among them have a more than 100 meters height.
The company owns and operates the DVB-T2 standard multiplex platform with covering about 99% of the country's population. The multiplex platform consist by headend, distribution and transmission network.
The distribution network is realized on the Alcatel Lucent's microwave link system. Broadcasting is carried out on the frequencies given by the Georgian National Communications Commission.
Total length of the links is more than 2000 km. Distribution network is built on a ring / star topology, which increase reliability.
Basic transmission network is realized on Rohde & Schwarz TV transmitters. The secondary network (retransmission by air) is based on ELTI and Vigintos Elektronika TV transmitters.
A significant part of the of transmitting stations is equipped with diesel-generators, UPS
Currently, this multiplex platform is used for transmitting Georgian Public Broadcaster and Adjara TV content.
The company also owns FM radio network by almost 99% coveraging for transmitting radio 1 ARKHI content.
The network is operated by technical personnel of GTRC
Tbilisi TV Tower – A separate structure for communication, constructed in 1955; located at Mtatsminda, Tbilisi.
The first tower was disassembled in 1972. It was transferred to the town of Gori
As communication technologies developed, the world has observed more effective possibilities to utilize frequency resources.